Blockchain Technology is an innovation that has the potential to revolutionize the Energy Sector of the economy for the good of all. Across the globe, Blockchain is adding value by bringing unprecedented trust founded on openness, safety, and to transactions and processes, thereby minimizing risks, eliminating leakages, saving costs, and improving lives.
Today, as the adoption of Blockchain Technology builds up in developed economies, Nigeria is lagging behind in the adoption of the technology for innovative solutions across various industries and sectors, most especially the Energy Industry.
This workshop will introduce the knowledge about the importance of Blockchain Technology to the future development of the Energy sector, by:
- Providing background knowledge of the blockchain technology to the energy sector.
- Explaining the different blockchain applications that would benefit the energy sector.
- Identifying the different benefits and challenges of each application.
- Making recommendations for regulatory solutions to these applications.
The Course Outline for this workshop includes the following:
- Introduction and General Background of Blockchain Technology.
- The Different Applications of Blockchain Technology.
- Regulatory Solutions available for Blockchain Technology in the Energy Industry.
- Blockchain Technology and it’s benefits to the Energy Industry.
- The Blockchain Technology Use Cases in Energy Industry.
- Use of Blockchain on Assets Management, Capital Market, Digitized Finance for Institutions &Cryptocurrency Enterprise, Global Trade &Commerce and Payments & Money.
- The Impact of Blockchain Technology on Wholesale Electric Distribution, Peer to Peer Energy Trading, Data Management and Commodity Trading.
- The Impact of Blockchain Technology on Upstream, Midstream and Downstream Segments of the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Transformation and Sustainability of Energy using Blockchain.
- Benefits of Blockchain Technology on Enterprises across the Energy Industries.
The workshop is tailored to suit the needs of the under listed people in transitioning into the decentralized future:
- Industry Professionals
- Management Executives
- Government Agencies
- Legal Practitioners