AN IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS OF THE PETROLEUM INDUSTRY BILL AND ITS EFFECT ON NIGERIAN ENERGY BUSINESS.
The Nigerian Petroleum Industry over the past 20 years have been left in comatose with several unsuccessful attempts for government to provide legislation that would adequately regulate the Industry and provide Investments.
But recently, the two Chambers of the National Assembly have passed two different versions of the bill and later harmonized and transmitted to the President for his assent.
While some are of the opinion that the recent bill doesn’t reflect current events in the International Energy Industry and might harm the country more than help it, others are of the view that whether or not the bill reflect current events, all we need at the moment is a law that would regulate the Industry, as this would help in stabilizing the Country’s Energy Industry.
This Retreat would focus on analyzing the current Petroleum Industry Bill as passed by the National Assembly and understand the effects the new Legislation would have on business in the Nigerian Energy Industry by;
- Doing an in-depth study of the bill.
- Explaining the current Laws and Policies in the bill to Industry Stakeholders.
- Identifying the different benefits and challenges of each Laws and Policies in the bill.
- Identifying the effect the bill would have on businesses operating in the Industry.
- Making recommendations to businesses on how best to implement the bill to suit their various businesses.
The workshop is tailored to suit the needs of the under listed people in transitioning into the decentralized future
- Management Executives.
- Government Agencies.
- Legal Practitioners.
Early bird #125,000 (ends 31st of July, 2021)
Normal Registration #250,000
Registration inclusive of 2days accommodation