An In-Depth Analysis Of The Petroleum Industry Act And Its Effect On Nigerian Energy Business.
The Nigerian Petroleum Industry over the past 20 years have been left in comatose with several unsuccessful attempts by government to provide legislation that would adequately regulate the Industry and provide Investments.
But recently, the President of the Federal Republic Assented to the Petroleum Industry Bill which was passed into law by the National Assembly.
While some are of the opinion that the recent Act doesn’t reflect current events in the International Energy Industry and might harm the country more than help it, others are of the view that whether or not the Act reflect current events, all we need at the moment is a law that would regulate the Industry, as this would help in stabilizing the Country’s Energy Industry.
This Retreat would focus on analyzing the current Petroleum Industry Act as Assented to by the President and understand the effects the new Legislation would have on business in the Nigerian Energy Industry by;
- Doing an in-depth study of the Act.
- Explaining the current Laws and Policies in the Act to Industry Stakeholders.
- Identifying the different benefits and challenges of each Laws and Policies in the Act.
- Identifying the effect the Act would have on businesses operating in the Industry.
- Making recommendations to businesses on how best to implement the Act to suit their various businesses.
The retreat is tailored to suit the needs of the under listed people in transitioning into the decentralized future:
- Industry Professionals.
- Management Executives.
- Government Agencies.
- Legal Practitioners.
|July 15th – July 31st||Early Bird 50% Discount||125,000|
|August 1st – August 15th||Early Bird 20% Discount||200,000|
|August 16th – September 16th||Normal Registration||250,000|
NB: Registration inclusive of 2 days accommodation